Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Update 4-28-09

Good Morning! I wish it was sunny again - it is so sad looking outside the girl's window today with all this rain. Today the girl's had another great day. I just got done talking with the girl's Dr. who had great news to share again.

Both girl's gained lots of weight last night. Aubrey now weighs 4 pounds 9 ounces and Adison weighs 4 pounds 12 ounces. They are getting close to 5 pounds! I can't wait for that day to come. Today Adison only had 1 case of apnea the whole time I was with them today. I guess my talking to her worked yesterday. The Dr. also got the girl's newborn screening tests back. Adison's was totally perfect and Aubrey's came back showing an elevated thyroid producing glands/hormones. Their Dr. is rerunning the test beacause he is sure it is a false positive, like most of the positives he sees coming back on that test. We will know in a few days or so what the 2nd test has shown. I asked the Dr. how much longer the girls will be here in the NICU. The best answer he could give me is 10 days plus or minus 4 days. We are going day by day to see when they can come home! I can't wait!!!!

1 comment:

Jeff S. Grillo said...

I wanted to let you and Jeff Gay know that I read ever single posting this afternoon and I'm also pumped for them to be released from the hospital!